If you’re a beginner in digital marketing this is the best place for you to understand what digital marketing is and how it works. It is a must to understand that the aim of digital marketing strategies will create brand awareness, generate traffic, lead generation, and management which then leads to customer loyalty and long-term relationships. The term digital marketing is a category of marketing that utilizes digital technologies such as computers, mobile phones, and several platforms such as social media platforms to promote products and services.
Best Digital Marketing Strategies to use in 2021
These are the most effective forms of digital marketing success in 2021 and at the beginners’ level are the most suitable.
- Content Marketing: It involves the creation of content i.e., sharing information in the form of videos, blogs, social media posts. This not only promotes the brand but also draws attention and stimulates interest of the customer towards products and services.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This is used to increase the quality and quantity of web traffic to website or web pages like blogs from search engines. In simpler words a process to improve your site visibility when people search for anything that is related to what you deal in business.
- Search Engine Marketing & Pay per Click: It is also known as paid search, a method of attracting organic traffic to a particular website by purchasing ads on search engines using keywords which are relevant to their target site visitors. Pay per click means advertisers pay each time one of their ads are clicked. It is a tactic of buying visits to your website instead of making efforts to earn those visits organically using SEO.
- Social Media Marketing: It involves the use of social media platforms and websites for promotion of products and services. Social media enables the company to reach out to their existing customers and new ones. It enables the company to communicate with their customers and understand their needs and wants better.
- Affiliate and Influencer Marketing: It is a process where business pays another affiliate or influencer commission for attracting traffic or leads their way. This type of marketing is usually carried out on social media platforms and blogs.
- Email Marketing: It is a process of sending commercial messages to a group of people using an email address. Such emails are sent to existing and potential customers. The contents of the email could be newsletters, advertisements, solicit sales, request donations, offers etc.
- Mobile Marketing: It is multichannel online marketing type that aims to target specific audience who mainly use smartphones, laptops, desktop computers etc. This essentially includes E-mail, SMS, MMS, social media etc.
Best Digital Marketing tools for beginners
Here are some of the Digital marketing tools you can use to get started in your initial stage. These tools will help you make your digital marketing strategies.
This is one of the best tools when it comes to marketing, sales, CRM software. The HubSpot software gives you access to the most necessary tools that you need to work with such as blogging, social media, website, SEO, lead management, email, analytics, calls to action, landing pages. This is a one-stop for all your marketing needs, hence it’s the best choice for people who want to start a business. It also includes free courses to master your digital marketing skills.
This is suitable for those who want to use content marketing, this site gives your ideas that you can use in your content. This is very easy to use and provides a lot of interesting and funny content ideas.
This is a popular blogging platform. This is another go-to easy-to-use platform for beginners. It is in fact supported millions of businesses to build their own website and start their business online. It is highly recommended, and it also has affordable pricing plans.
One of the best email marketing automation platforms to work with. It has a simple layout and an affordable price range. It is easy to use and will help you set up successful email marketing campaigns. It has self-support system options ensuring that you can find all answers to all your queries quickly.
This is a free tool from Google, Analytics helps you to understand and track every visitor of your website and the actions performed by them. This is one of the top free tools available and can help you to significantly transform your digital marketing strategies. It is not a mere analytics tool but also something that helps you understand how to progress further. Initially, it may seem advanced and difficult to use. I recommend you, to visit Google Analytics Academy, it has many free courses that will help you understand and learn everything you need to know about this platform.
One of the best free design tools available on the internet. It is very easy to use and has so many inbuilt templates. It helps you create posts for social media, helps you create images, edit videos, and much more!
It is a freelancer’s platform that connects you with well-qualified candidates that help you grow your business. It is very transparent in its operations as it shows the profile of all the freelancers such as qualifications, skills, the success rate of their job, etc.
This is the site that will enable you to organize all your work. It will you in tracking, reporting, and project planning. It will enable you to determine how much time will a particular task take and how can you allocate your resources better.
Moz offers free and paid SEO tools. This site will help you easily perform keyword research, give you proper page analytics and backlink analyses. Do use the chrome plugin for better results.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Cost Effective: The cost incurred in digital marketing is much lower the cost incurred in traditional marketing. Hence was new business its advisable to start digital marketing as it is budget friendly and greater ROI.
- Global Reach: Another advantage of digital marketing is it increases your reach; helps you cater customers across the country or even globe without having a physical presence. It helps you find out new markets and potential customers.
- Measurable: If you have site of your own, using your tools as mentioned above, you can track your potential customers and their activities on your site and personalise your offers to convince them to buy your products. Apart from this it helps you understand how effective your marketing campaign has been, it gives you detailed insights about how your customers have used your website.
- Development of Brand: It will help you build company reputation and brand name. Once you’re well versed with your tools and implement them in terms of quality of content on your various platforms like social media, blogs, website etc it will increase your customer interaction.
- Direct Communication: It helps you to come in direct contact with your customers and communicate with them, understand their needs, and wants, establish a loyal and long-term relationship.
Easy to Adjust: Digital marketing is very adjustable, if you see an ad campaign of yours is doing well all you have to do is increase your investment in small steps. Bur if an ad campaign is not doing well all you have to do is withdraw it without much hassle. This is unlike in the case of traditional marketing where you need to spend a lot of money, time, and energy plus it involves too much hassle.
Interested in pursuing Digital Marketing?
Here are some excellent courses that will help you kickstart your journey as a digital marketer or help you in your business. A note to you, all these courses have Global Accreditation.
- Google’s Digital Garage: Google offers free and wide range of digital marketing courses.
- HubSpot: It offers many free certification courses in sales and inbound digital marketing.
- Coursera: It offers Digital Marketing specialisation courses at a cost. However, these courses are offered from well reputed universities in the US.
- MIT Sloan: This is a six-week paid marketing analytics course from a top university.
- SEMRUSH Academy: It is a famous SEO tool website that also offers free online marketing courses.
- Reliablesoft Academy: Reliablesoft is digital marketing agency providing services. It offers paid certification courses on Digital Marketing.
- Udemy: It is one of the biggest learning platforms. It offers paid certification courses on Digital Marketing.
- ClickMinded: Offers paid and free digital marketing courses that can enable you to make a digital marketing specialist.
The Scope of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has become a lucrative domain. It has been proven by various studies that there has been a 25% growth in the Digital Marketing field and the growth trend will continue well into the next decade. It has in fact become an attractive career option for many students pursuing marketing. It has become the most demanding career in 2021 with attractive pay packages even at the beginner level. With traditional marketing almost dead, digital marketing has already become the new face of marketing. Your pathway to digital marketing only requires few things dedication, determination, little funds, and you’re good to go!
To Read: 3 Biggest Technology Trends!