What do you understand by Graphic Designing?
The first thing that pops up in your mind is the attractive images and videos which we see on websites, on social media, and in other various places. Indeed, that’s what exactly it means.
Graphic Designing is an art where professionals create visually attractive content to communicate by the images that are created. Graphic designing is also defined as the art and practice of projecting ideas and images in a visual or textual way.
Why is Graphic Designing Important in Today’s World?
You cannot expect a high success rate from your branding campaign unless you have a highly skilled Graphic Designer. The importance of having a Graphic Designer in a company are –
1. It represents Professionalism – All the designs that are made by the Graphic Designer including the logos, leaflets, business cards, etc., all of the above is a strong sign of professionalism. These aspects make your business stand out from other brands and businesses and distinguishes your product from other similar products in the market.
2. Meaningful Mode of Communication – As we all know “Picture Speaks Louder Than Words”, it is inevitable that the customers will get attracted to the brand which has more defined and more illustrated art. With the assistance of powerful and attractive images, they can deliver a strong message to the consumers by using words.
3. Builds a Unique Identity – The advantage of Graphic Designing is that it creates a unique brand for the company. This is an important aspect of the marketing campaign which will help you get customers. A company needs to have a unique logo and a strong logo that attracts the viewers.
4. It develops Credibility – Good quality of Graphic Design helps the business gain credibility. Credibility is something a business requires when the company has intense competition in the market. Customers will have confidence in your company because it makes you stand out from other companies and have credibility in the market.
How to Start Your Career as a Graphic Designer
This is a question that everyone will ask, “How to start with Graphic Designing” if you are looking for this answer you have arrived at the right place. We will guide you on how to get started.
Graphic Designing is a new and upcoming industry that is booming since technological advancements started taking place in the world. Graphic Designing has become a necessary skill in today’s world because each company needs to manage their advertising and keep the customers attracted to your company.
To start with Graphic Designing, you must take up courses for it. There are courses on various sites which provide certifications after completing the course and therefore you can start your journey.
The courses that the sites provide are by Professionals which helps you understand and know better about Graphic Designing and therefore helping you giving a head start to your career.
There are many online courses that are provided to the students and the public on the internet, which is the first step of your journey of becoming a Graphic Designer. The syllabus and the topics that will be included in the course are –
- How to use Adobe Photoshop
2. How to use Adobe Premiere Rush Pro
3. How to master the interface designs of websites and applications
4. Graphic Designing basics
After you finish with your courses in Graphic Designing, you can start applying for jobs in your area and you will get a job because there is a large demand for Graphic Designers in today’s time.
Best Graphic Designing Companies in the World
There are some of the greatest companies which are the best at what they do which is graphic designing and has set a benchmark and a certain reputation in the world of Graphic Designing.
Landor – This is one of the greatest Graphic Designing company in the market after Pentagram. Landor is headquartered in San Francisco and has its branches in many other countries like Bangkok, Cape Town, Dubai, London, Paris, New York, and many more cities and countries. Landor has some great clients too, huge and reputed companies. Some of the clientele they have are Apple, BMW, Kellogg’s, Volkswagen, and many more.
Pentagram – This is one of the best companies one could ever know. It is a design firm founded in 1972 by Alan Fetcher, Theo Crosby, Colin Forbes, Kenneth Grange, and Mervyn Kurlansky at Needham Road, Notting Hill, London. Pentagram is headquartered in London and has its branches in Austin, New York, Berlin, and San Francisco. The clients that Pentagram has are impeccable, this just shows how great and reputed they are with their work. Some of the clients that they have are Rolls Royce, Starbucks, Warner Brothers, and many more.
Meta Design – This is one of the leading firms in the Graphic designing industry. Meta Design is headquartered in San Francisco and has its offices in New York, Zurich, Berlin, and many other countries. Their caliber of work resonates on a global level that is difficult to match by the competitors. Some of the greatest clientele they have are Adidas, Coca-Cola, Porsche, and many other renowned companies in the world.
Wolff Olins – The next great company is Wolff Olins. It is headquartered in London and has its offices in New York and San Francisco. The philosophy is this company is quite impressive, it is “Strategy, Design, and Change”. Some of the notable clients that they have are LinkedIn, Spotify, Microsoft, Uber, and many other big companies.
Synergy Media – This is one of the leading Graphic Designing companies in Morocco led by Susan Pellegrini which has a great clientele that includes Google, L’Oreal, and many other companies in the market.
Jobs as a Graphic Designer
There is a wide variety of job opportunities after you become a Graphic Designer. A lot of job opportunities windows open. The positions that you can apply for after completing courses are –
- Creative Director: Their main role is to generate creative lead in the advertising agency or in-house agency for the marketing head of the company. Requires a degree in journalism, advertising, communication. Additionally, a degree in graphic design, business management and computers are also required.
2. Art Production Manager: Their duties are to oversee various tasks related to various aspects of production to transform the ideas of the producer into a reality. Jobs could be found not only in this industry but also in TV, films, music videos, etc.
3. Package Designer: They guide the design process from the beginning to the end and their main duties are to conceptualize, design, and execute a kind of prototype to develop attention-grabbing packaging materials.
4. Brand Identity Developer: They mainly use strategy to create a visual element of your brand. These elements include brand, logo, color palette, typography, general look, and feel. You are mainly in charge of design in your company.
5. Visual Image Developer: This designer designs for various platforms which could also include the internet. It could include games, movies, kiosks, and wearables. They create the concepts artworks and formats for digital projects based on creating briefs and client meetings.
6. Multimedia Developer: Their role was to create computer programs by combining computer programming and visual art. These graphic artists art. The work with graphic artists and web designers builds do website designing.
7. Broadcast Designer: It was involved in creating graphic designs and electronic media. Degrees required is digital media or use can use self-taught in the software needed to create content.
There are numerous job positions as a Graphic Designer, hence increasing the value and importance of this field.
Best Graphic Designing Tools
There are multiple tools and software which help you access and unlock your creativity at the maximum level. Without these apps and software, the Graphic Designing industry would collapse, it’s these apps and software that have kept the industry alive. Some of the best apps and software are as follows –
3. File stage
These apps and software help you create the best designs and good quality designs which makes an impact on the viewers and helps us gain more customers. A strong and bold design will attract more customers rather than a simple and boring design.
In conclusion, it is projected that the Graphic Designing industry is increasing by 3% every year with more than 11000 new jobs and is going to be very important in the marketing field for at least the next 10-20 years. Therefore, the job opportunity and vacancies for a Graphic Designer are rising due to its constant growth. The importance of a Graphic Designer is very high because these days graphics play a massive role in not only conveying messages but also leave an impression in the minds of customers and potential customers. Graphic designers can also be designing packages of products, advertisements, websites, etc. This is mainly one of the reasons why the demand for graphic designers is so high.
So if you’re interested in this field, this is your sign to go and pursue it. All the best.
To Read: The Future of Youtube!